“The association was founded by the prior board members of the GHAMB (Greater Houston association of Mortgage Brokers) in response to the changes in Federal regulation. The association's breadth was increased to encompass all licensed and independent mortgage originators. We work to educate, connect, introduce new mortgage origination technologies and represent the independent licensed mortgage originator to ensure fair and balanced federal regulation that will increase mortgage availability to the mortgage consumer and ensure and safe and fair environment”
The Greater Houston Association of Mortgage Professionals was organized for the following purposes:
- To promote the highest standards of professional mortgage originating ethics.
- To promote the common business interest of those engaged in the mortgage industry and promote cooperative business transactions among its members.
- To protect the mortgage originating industry and the public through legislative actions and the dissemination of information on legislation and regulatory activity affecting its members.
- To promote and enhance the image of the mortgage profession throughout the State of Texas and foster a broader understanding and acceptance of the professional mortgage originator as a vital source of financing.
- To provide a forum for the effective exchange of knowledge, ideas, trends, and innovations in the the mortgage industry through education seminars and professional meetings.
- To promote a cooperative liaison with other related professional groups.
GHAMP CODE OF ETHICS
- The Mortgage Originator shall act in accordance with any laws, rules and regulations of the State of Texas and in accordance with the By-laws of the Greater Houston Association of Mortgage Professionals.
- The Mortgage Originator shall perform his business in a manner reflecting honor and integrity. He shall avoid and report fraudulent and unethical practices to the Association or State Agency charged with regulating the practices of brokers in the State of Texas.
- The Mortgage Originator shall abide by generally accepted principles of real estate valuation when reporting to the investor regarding the valuation of the offered collateral of his loan.
- The Mortgage Originator shall advise the relevant parties of any equity interest he may have in the collateral offered as security for the mortgage loan.
- The Mortgage Originator shall not advise, advertise terms and conditions not available and not likely to be made available.
- The Mortgage Originator shall not speak despairingly of the business of his competitor or of a transaction being negotiated by a competitor.
- Disputes between members shall be resolved by decisions of the Ethics and Grievance Committee.
GHAMP Frequently Asked Questions
What does a GHAMP membership include?
A GHAMP membership includes all local association privileges and benefits. There are additional benefits including free education seminars, discounted activities and website privileges. Memberships are renewed on an annual basis and details can be found under the Membership menu tab.
My boss has a membership, so can I use it too?
No, all memberships are individual based, not company based and non- transferable to anyone else. Every individual needs their own membership.
Why should I join?
Stay ahead of your competition!! Taking advantage of all benefits at every level will basically help pay for the membership each year, but above all, you are showing your integrity and professionalism by being a part of your industry’s professional association. With strong numbers both in membership and in assets, GHAMP can have a strong influence in the governmental process with respect to the direction of legislation and regulation impacting the mortgage industry. This is your business and livelihood. Be a part of making a difference!
How do I log-in to the Members Only section?
The Members Only section will be available only to GHAMP members. This section is currently being constructed and will be available at a later date.
If I do not make a reservation, may I still attend GHAMP meetings and functions?
We ask all individuals to please RSVP for GHAMP activities to help ensure space, resources and in some cases, food availability. Details can always be found in the information on the Calendar menu tab. Even if you have not made a reservation you are welcome to attend GHAMP activities.
How and when do I receive my certificate for CE credits from Education classes or Events?
Currently, in approximately a week after the activity, you will receive via email your course certificate. You must sign in and sign out showing you attended the entire session.
How can I become more involved in GHAMP?GHAMB always welcomes volunteers to help out with various activities issues or bring new ideas to the group. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or go to the Contact Us page to directly contact a Chair representative in your area of interest.